Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wonder Woman Wednesday #5

So I still think the new Wonder Woman costume isn't that bad, but I am in that very large crowd of people who would like to see her return to that classic costume, strung out with stars and bright colors.

I don't know, it's been apart of her for so long that it's hard to see her in anything else.  In fact, the trinity of DC has very defining costumes which have stood the test of time for over 60 years.  So many of the other younger heroes who have made a name for themselves have gone through constant costume changes and stuck with them.  But the one costume change that Supes, Bats, and Wondy have gone through haven't stuck do to the unpopular opinions from fans.  Will This new costume of Diana's stick, or will it dissipate like fans are hoping it will?  If this photo is, in fact, a glimpse into the future of Wonder Woman, I think fans can sit back, relax, and soak in the fact that their worries and fears are unmerited.

But we shouldn't give up our hopes, it is very possible that DC plans to take this new costume and ride it out as long as they can.  Lighting conductor Superman was around for some time before going back to the classic red, yellow and blue tights.  It's quite possible that Diana could be strutting her new duds for a while before DC caves into fan demands and gives back her old wardrobe.

But, then again, maybe Megan Fox would be more willing to play Wonder Woman with the new suit rather than with the old one.  If that's the case, then I pray to God DC makes the right decision.  Hint; Fox should never play Wonder Woman (or anything character for that matter) and take up a career in "not" acting.

I'm sorry, I trailed off a bit.  That usually happens with me when it comes to Megan Fox or James Cameron (yeah, you knew I was going to throw in a Cameron knock down.  My blog, my rules.)  Let me get back on topic.

Wonder Woman, despite what her costume may look like, will always remain one of DC's underestimated heroes.  Never doubt the writer behind her purely based on the costume.  As long as a competent writer is taking care of her run, Wonder Woman will always be a great book.  Now, if only Gail Simone would return to the title.  JMS us doing great, but...no offense...I want Simone back.

No comments:

Post a Comment