Saturday, August 29, 2009

Batman Returns From The Dead

From Bleedingcool.com
It took a long and winding path to get to this story. But here we go.

The Search For Bruce Wayne. The Return of Batman. Two series by Grant Morrison kicking off from Summer 2010. After his apparent death (twice) and revelation that Bruce Wayne is stuck somewhen in the past (possibly crossing the spirit path of Captain America, I dunno) word is that DC will be bringing their world’s greatest detective in rubber back in a series of series, the details of which are completely unknown (to me, I mean) save for their working titles (which may be old) and that it’s all part of the Big Grant Morrison Batplan for 2010. For which, one day, I wish DC publish big hyperlinked blueprints. That would be nice.

Oh come on, how long did you think he’d be dead for anyway? And odds are there will be a number of clever surreal twists to this return to delight the senses. Enjoy…

My Thoughts:  I'm pissed, but not surprised.  The world of comics is nothing but one big soap opera.  Always bringing their mainline characters back from the dead is an old habit that will never die.
 
I hope they at least bring Bruce back, but not as Batman.  I like Dick carrying on the cape and cowl.  And with this new series, Batman and Robin, I was convinced that DC decided to truly keep Mr. Wayne dead.  But maybe Bruce can return and run Wayne Enterprises and die a happy old man. Who is running Wayne Enterprises right now by the way?
 
I wonder if Warner Bros. had anything to do with this.  gggrrrrr.......

No comments:

Post a Comment