Monday, August 31, 2009

Disney Buys Marvel Comics

Go here for the full story -----> Disney Buys Marvel

My Thoughts: Talk about unexpected!  Disney buys Marvel for a whopping $ 4 billion!  That will certainly keep someone happy for a while.

However, I do have concerns.  I believe the films will go as planned, and the comics will remain as they are.  However, does this mean we will be getting the Disney logo tagged onto every Marvel film?  If so, damn it all!  Now Marvel will feel even more kiddish to me!

I certainly hope Disney doesn't try to make Marvel comics more family friendly either.  They should leave the comics alone and not bother trying to change how they are written and produced.Marvel and DC have been doing great with sales, it would be a shame to see Marvel go down because it's owned by a family oriented company.  But of course, Disney does own Miramax and they haven't really done anything to change the adult content of their films. 

Only time will tell if this will be a good thing.  Just keep disney away from DC and I'll be fine!

3 comments: