Saturday, August 22, 2009

Quick Review #1

Well I am at a dilemma, having kept up with all my comics while not having internet access; I have a TON of things to write about. However, I don't want to take up so much space in one post, nor do I want to spend the time getting all my reviews out at one time. So, I going to start up a new little feature called "Weekly Quick Review," which will be a list of the comics I've read each week. I'll still continue to write my individual reviews, but, but my quick reviews will be there so you know what will be coming!

So, here begins the first installment of my Weekly Quick Reviews!
The Week Of August 5, 2009
Justice League: A Cry for Justice #2
Good book, but this mini series is starting off very slowly. I think this mini will be the start of a new monthly title. I'm waiting to see when all hell breaks loose!
Superman: World of New Krypton
Pretty darn good, but I was shocked to see Superman put his costume back on and fly to Earth. I guess since he was protecting New Krypton, Alura will forgive it. And I was a little disappointed in the lack of dialog in the first few pages of the book.

The Week of August 12, 2009
Batman #689
Judd Winick is not doing it for me! Of course, I have never been a huge fan of Winick's work.
Blackest Night #2
Good grief this was great! Aquaman was kicking everyone's head in. I can't tell if he misses his wife or if he truly hates her and is just toying with h
er mind. And let's not forget the shocking rise of the Spectre!
Green Lantern Corps #39
Very nice, people keep rising that never even crossed my mind! Abin Sur will be fun to see in zombie form, and I was thrilled to see that Jack T. Chance is coming back as well!



The Week Of August 19, 2009
Justice League of America #36
Thank heavens for Wein! Justice League is finally making a come back! Who knew that a criminal gang like the "Royal Flush Gang" could have such an in depth storyline!
Power Girl #4
I will never get over how good this series is right now. This title is my favorite monthly title right now, and I can't see any of the others beating it out.
Supergirl #44
I sure hope Supergirl and Lois can make amends, other wise this is going to be a slippery situation for Superman!
Superman Annual #14
This was actually boring. I enjoyed the creativity involved, but the writing didn't make me want more.

No comments:

Post a Comment