Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Movie News - Tron: Legacy


So I've been trying to figure out why in the world there has been literally NO NEWS about the sequel to the 80's box office, Tron.  And I've finally figured out why.  according to actress Olivia Wilde...

"There's such a cone of silence around Tron, but it'll be fun to watch. That was also an amazing honor, to be able to carry on a legacy like Tron. I don't think diehard fans will be disappointed. I think they will be very happy with what we did."

I remember watching Tron as a young boy.  It was one of my early introductions to film Sci-Fi along with "The Last Starfighter" and "Flash Gordon."  The film brought to life one of my first REAL interests of my childhood, which was (and still is) art and animation.  Even today, the film brings an incredible sense of animation mastery and precision that rivals studios such as Pixar and Dreamworks.  I would like to know what the plot is just so I can get a basis for what I'm walking into next year.  But of course, I'm sure the film makers want to achieve that level of "uncertainty" within its viewers.

The cast has been set and we we a lot of actors returning to their respective roles.  I'm glad to see Jeff bridges will be the brilliant (yet ornery) Mr. Flynn yet again.  But one can only hope that the new set of characters and actors will be able to do what the original cast did that helped make Tron a classic film, and historic film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment