Monday, April 5, 2010

Comic News: Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti Leave Power Girl

As I'm sure everyone knows, the fantastic team of Amanda Conner, Justin gray and Jimmy Palmiotti will be leaving Power Girl forever come issue #12.  The reasons for this seemed to stem towards demanding work loads on the artistic side of things.  However, a new writer has been determined upon, Judd Winnick.

The question I have however is, will Winnick keep the campy, humorous feel going with this title, or will he steer it in a more serious undertone?  I like Judd Winnick for the most part, but this seems to be a little out of his league.  I'm familiar with his work on Batman and a few works here and there, but I've never seen him do something a little more light-heated and fun.  I'm not trying to imply he can't do it, but it will be interesting to see what kind of twist he puts on this popular title.

I would not recommend to anyone to miss out on PG13 (hmm, same abbreviation as a movie rating.) as it will be one of the determining factors if fans continue to pick up this title.  Power Girl is too good of a character to just toss out because a new writer and artist is on board.  Just give yourselves time to adjust to Winnick taking over and all will be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment