Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Robinson Anounces New JLA Line Up

According to Newsarama.com, the new Justice League line up will be coming our way in the next few months....

News coming straight from the DC panel: we have James Robinson’s Justice League team that will star in his upcoming run on the series. “The team will have Mon-El (assuming a “super”-mantle), Dick Grayson Batman, Donna Troy and Hal Jordan The other characters are a mystery”, says Robinson. “Though one of the ‘mystery’ members is Congorilla.” Presumably, another is Dr. (Kimiyo) Light, given that Robinson also said that “You’re going to see the female Dr. Light face off against Black Lantern, bad Dr. Light.”
Interesting concept, I must say. Especially since Robinson also said he has plans for old school League “mascot”, Snapper Carr. That has me at all levels of excitement.
My Thoughts: I stand by my beliefs that Green lantern should NOT be in the Justice League. The Green Lantern Corps is there job. Putting a GL into the league just causes more stress and conflicting storylines.
I'm not sure what I think of Mon-El. He hasn't really impressed me thus far, but he's really only begun. Perhaps there is potential.
I think Dick Grayson Batman will actually work within the league. Grayson is a much better team player and isn't someone to go behind his teammates backs.
Donna Troy I never really saw the fasination in. I see her filling in as the "Wonder Woman" figure, but she's a little strange for me. We'll have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment