Friday, February 18, 2011

New Thor Movie Trailer

So I've always thought Thor was a lame superhero.  In fact, to this day, I don't consider him a superhero because...well...he's a God from Norse Mythology.  This was Marvel's attempt to create a comic book series to counter the popularity of DC's Superman and Batman, even though they had Spider-Man and the X-Men which was, in some ways, doing better than DC's two caped crusaders.  Why Marvel felt this was a GOOD move I don't know, but I don't think I'll ever understand it.

HOWEVER!!!  With that being said, after watching this new trailer, I'm not sure I have enough napkins to sop up all the saliva that's pooling on the floor.  Of course this film is going to be predictable and filled with annoyingly modern twists, but Marvel Studios seems to have taken great care in giving this film the type of quality it needs.

But even better is the fact that Kenneth Branagh is directing, Anthony Hopkins makes a cameo, and Natalie Portman returns after her fantastic performance in Black Swan.  Chris Hemsworth seems to be a good choice for the Mighty Thor as well.

Now, the bigger question is...How can I convince my wife to come watch it with me?  This could be another cinematic excursion I take by myself.  (but It's always more fun to bring Clarissa along because I enjoy laughing at the previews for bad movies before hand. Oh well.) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment