Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Must Reads: Kill Shakespeare, Vol. 1

If you haven't picked this up yet, you should!  To be honest, I'm very close at putting this into my "favorite books" list.  It takes fun and clever story lines to a whole new level.  Sure, Shakespeare has gone through many transformations with modernization within film and literature, but this is unlike anything I've seen before.

The story takes all of Shakespeare's characters and jams them all into the same story, which can seem strange at first considering most of his stories have at least one king in them.  I wont go into the plot more than that since I've already posted a review for the first four issues.  Click HERE to read it!

But now, with the first six issues collected into one single, volumized trade, the graphic novel format gives the story a much more appealing aspect, especially for those who don't typically read comics.  There are no superheroes, just famous characters used in new and exciting ways.  Please take time to go to your local comic book store and pick up a copy.  If you don't like it, I give you permission to "flog" me...that or just bite your thumb at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment