Sunday, December 6, 2009

Alyson Hannigan Expreses Her Opinion Of The Buffy Reboot


At long last, a Buffy cast member speaks out at the news of making a Buffy film without creator Joss Weadon. Alyson Hannigan, who played Willow in the show since season one, verbalizes her disgust with even entertaining the idea.

"Yeah, and that's a very big mistake in my opinion. I mean if Joss isn't involved, it's only the title. Joss is the only reason that we would go back. I mean, it's just ridiculous to think of that TV show without Joss. That's just silly to me… And all the fans know that, too, so I don't know what they're thinking."

Typically, I always thought a reboot was to help a show, movie to allow fans to forget about what came before it. They did that with the Hulk movie, they are doing it with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise, and they are currently working on a reboot for the latest Superman film. But what gets me is that Buffy did so well on its own, why is a reboot needed?


Now if it was being announced that a Buffy film was in the works, and its base is founded off of what Joss Weadon has already put in place, I could accept that a lot more and would probably get excited about it. But from what I’m hearing, they want to REBOOT the whole thing, and for the life of me, I can’t understand why they feel it’s necessary since the show was a smashing success!

It’s like Fox is stomping on the foot, hand, face, and genitalia of Creator Joss Weadon, as if they were saying, “You know all those shows you did of Buffy? You know, the incredibly successful show that fans all loved? Well, we think we can make even better! So we are going to redo everything you’ve done. Oh! And we won’t need your assistance either. Bye!”


And just like in the Harry Potter films, I honestly can’t see anyone else playing Buffy accept Sarah Michelle Geller, she IS Buffy. And to even think that anyone BUT Alyson Hannigan might be playing Willow…no sir!! It just won’t fly. If you want to do this film project, get Joss Weadon in on it, and bring back the original cast. Simple! Thank you Alyson Hannigan for being completely and utterly the coolest person in the world by speaking up about this issue! No wonder all the nerdy males in the world love you!

1 comment:

  1. That would be awful if Joss is not involved in the movie. It would make me sad, but it could be done with another cast...BUT NOT without Joss!

    ReplyDelete