Thursday, February 25, 2010

Movie News: The Man Of Steel Gets A Writer

David Goyer will be writing the script for the new Superman film, Superman: The Man Of Steel.  David Goyer, known most recently for his work on The Dark Knight, directed by Christopher Nolan, will be taking audiences on a trip that will stray away from an origin tale.  The story will involve Lex Luthor and Brainiac as the main villians and assumes those watching the film already know about Superman's friendships and past. 

I'm glad to hear it's not an origin story.  I want to get right into a progressive tale that doesn't spend too much time boring us with regurgitated story material.  It will be interesting to see who is chosen to play the alien nemesis of the Man of Steel.  I currently can't think of anyone who would be chosen for the role but I'm sure time rolls on, I will have my picks.  I am worried about having two villians involved with the film, but Goyer brilliantly pluged two villains into both Batman films so my fears will most likely be relinquished.

No news however as to whose playing who for the new film.  I'm guessing the new film team will go with a whole new cast, but I have heard rumors of Brandon Routh resuming his role as the Man of Steel.  We'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment