Monday, May 4, 2009

Free Comic Book Day reviews

So I throughly enjoyed most of the comics I got on the most popular holiday for any comic book geek. I picked up one of each comic that was available and took them home and read every single one. I particularly enjoy reading the reprint of Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles, brought back alot of memories for me.

Now of course the most anticipated comic was Blackest Night #0. With everything happening with all the different lantern corps, and Geoff Johns building up Blackest Night ever so well, I would say that Blackest night #0 is one of the most anticipated and most wanted free comics on free comic book day to ever come around. And it does not disapoint. It's a great and epic comic giving readers an amazing seguay into the Blackest Night series.

However, as much as I enjoyed Black Night #0, it wasn't my favorite read. Our of all the super hero comics, there was only one that made me smile through all of its art based literature,(thanks Nick!) And that would be issue number 10 of Love and Capes. now its not a title I'll pick up regularly, but it was a nice change of pace from what I typically read. It was funny, not neccesarily laugh out loud funny, but it made me smile and laugh on the inside. As far as typical comics go, it's actually longer with alot of dialog...and I loved that! I wish more of my comics I read regularly would be longer like love and capes was. i give Love and capes #10 a solid 5 stars!

Of course, there were other great fun reads like the Transformer/G.I. Joe comic, which was done in preparation for the Transformers and G.I. Joe films coming this summer. And Top Cow Comics is really doing well with story development and inovative material.

This years free comic book day was a complete success in my humble opinion. Last years free comic book day was somewhat of a let down. I have no complaints about this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment