Thursday, September 3, 2009

Lobo Gets A Movie....Shoot Me Now!!!

So I love DC Comics.  But there are things about DC I wish never existed.  The intergalactic bounty hunter that keeps popping in and out of the DC universe officially gets his own film, Lobo. Lobo is unmistakably one of the toughest and most violent characters in the DC universe. Even Superman had some trouble with him.


However, Lobo is also one of the most annoying and stupid characters DC has to offer. I have no idea why he’s as popular as he is. He rides around on a space motor cycle and uses swear words constantly that resemble earth swear words. (bastich, frag, etc.) He is a real numbskull and the person who created Lobo should be put down.

Guy Ritchie is set to direct the film, which makes sense. He has done some amazingly funny films like Snatch, so this is right up his alley. However, I’m afraid not even Ritchie will be able to make a film for such a crappy character work.

On a lighter note, Guillermo del Toro is on board with the “Deadman” film. Deadman has the ability to possess the living. I can only assume that this film will be about his orign and how he seeks out his killer for revenge.

I think Deadman is a rather strange character, but I do like him. I’ve always enjoyed his role in story arcs and mini-series. This should be a decent film, especially with del Toro calling the shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment