Saturday, January 16, 2010

TV News: Dollhouse Gets The Shaft


As expected, Fox Networks treatment of Joss Whedon is shown once again in the cancellation of what could have been another great show.  The final installment of the short lived show aired yesterday, but will air again on January 29th.  Joss claims he loved doing the show and will miss it and only regrets not having the opportunity to flesh his show out even more.

Whedon also states that, even with the incredible fan reaction to Dollhouse, a comic continuation of the TV series will be unlikely.  Fans continually pick up his Buffy comics, which is what caused them to also asked if Dollhouse would continue on the comic book stands.  But sadly, even with the incredible fan reaction to Dollhouse, a comic continuation of the TV series will be unlikely,

"I don't think it's a comic. It's a TV show...apparently not a Fox show, but it is a TV show. There are themes in it and ideas that could work in a comic, but for me to spend the amount of time it would take keeping the comic true to what's already out there when I'm already doing that with 'Buffy' would be a ridiculous waste of my time. And ultimately that would net me a piece of something that belongs to Fox. It just makes no sense to do a comic with 'Dollhouse.' I don't get it, and I'm not sure I'd read it. And in the amount of time it would take, I intend to do more comics, but I intend to do new comics. I'd like to throw some new ideas. And I'd like to continue 'Buffy' and make sure we don't flip there and we really keep it coming."


I hope this will be a wake up call for Whedon.  He needs to realize that Fox will never give him the respect he deserves.  Fans love what he does, but Fox constantly puts him in bad situations. At least go with Warner Bros., they will at least put you in the right time slots and give you the best chance to grow.  Good luck in the future Whedon!

No comments:

Post a Comment